Image © from Weareneo
PROGRAM DIRECTOR FOR MDG INITIATIVE IN ADESO, SOMALIA
- Entreprise Adeso
- Lieu Somalia (Somalie)
- Type de contrat CDD
- Fonction : Santé / Social
- Secteur d'activité Santé-Social
- Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
- For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. Currently, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan. Our current donor portfolio includes the European Commission, USAID, SIDA, CIDA, UNICEF, and the Government of Netherlands, among others.
- Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
DESCRIPTION DU POSTE
- Adeso is seeking to fill the following position for an European Union (EU) funded project starting on 1st February 2013. The MDG Initiative for Somalia: Reducing Hunger and Food Insecurity in Puntland Region through Improved and Sustainable Use of Rangeland Resources. The proposed action seeks to reduce hunger and food insecurity by improving rangeland conditions in Puntland regions of Somalia. The program will improve the state of natural resources management through implementation of land rehabilitation and restoration work on degraded rangelands, improving sustainable use of natural resources through community based range management programs. The program will integrate environmental consideration into all economic planning and programming activities in the region and galvanize community support for environmental protection and sustainable use of resources. The action will also improve the capacity of the communities to avert resource-based conflicts and to protect the rangeland resources through implementation of local customary laws, establishment of community based environmental courts and by strengthening communities to prevent misuse of natural resources at local level. Furthermore, the action will support development of alternative source of energy that can create jobs and reduce current dependency on firewood and charcoal. Awareness raising campaign branded as “stewardship Puntland” will also be launched to sensitize both rural and urban communities on environmental issues and to instill general public sense of ownership and stewardship of the environment.
- The Program Director will be responsible for overall strategic leadership and oversight to the project. S/he will ensure timely and efficient delivery of project’s results. S/he will be responsible for coordinating partners, project planning and review, stakeholder engagement, financial and people management, and donor reporting. The Director of the program is responsible for managing 5 multi-year programs based in Garowe in Puntland. S/he provides the vision and leadership in Program administration and is responsible overall Program implementation ensuring high quality performance. S/he maximizes budget resources and personnel development and remains flexible in a continually changing environment.
MANUELS DE MANAGEMENT
RECHERCHER D'AUTRES MANUELS
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct and ongoing supervision and support to the management of the MDG Initiative for Somalia-NRM programs revising and following the program work plan, program documents and implementation strategy;
- Ensure the program is implemented in ways responsive to the communities, in line with Adeso principles, values, strategic plans, and following Adeso and donor compliance procedures;
- Oversee the submission of monthly expenditures forecasts, expenditure surpluses and deficits to the Finance Director and Country Director to allow program adjustments to be made in a timely fashion;
- Supervise and coordinate all administrative operations related to the support of program staff with Human Resources, Finance and Operations departments to ensure that the program is properly documented and proceeds according to Adeso policies and regulations;
- Coordinate with the support department heads and relevant administrative and finance staff to ensure proper logistics, administration, human resources and transport needs of the Programs are conducted according to Adeso policies and with the maximum benefit;
- Assist in the recruitment and training of program and support staff to ensure quality and capacity for the successful implementation of activities;
- Overall responsibility for the quality of program and plans developed by Adeso core team members;
- Ensure that project activities are meeting beneficiaries and stakeholder expectations and that project results are pro-actively disseminated;
- Provide oversight of all project operations and reporting, ensuring compliance with EU requirements and regulations;
- Work closely with the EU, Government of Puntland (particularly MoEWT), and other critical counterparts, to ensure the project effectively complies with the EU and Government of Puntland objectives;
- Ensure compliance with the policy and legislative requirements of EU as stipulated under the agreement;
- Supervise and provide strategic and technical guidance to project technical staff in a range of Natural Resources Management interventions as outlined in the program document, ensure synchrony and collaboration between technical staff within the program and externally from the various partner organizations and work with them to bring ideas, findings, and lessons learned to project leadership and the donor agency;
- Responsible for timely preparation of annual work plans and reports to the donor;
- Supervise, mentor, manage and motivate staff for optimal performance of the project;
- Responsible for co-ordination and collaboration with partner and key stakeholders;
- Document and disseminate project achievements and lessons on a timely basis;
- Responsible for the development and accountability of the program budgets;
- Work closely with the Nairobi-based Regional Security Manager and the sub-offices in Puntland, to develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of the Adeso Puntland team in situ in the Program implementation areas;
- Ensure regular contact with staff located at remote site offices;
- Ensure the program is implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities and in full compliance with Adeso Somalia security procedures and protocols;
- Minimum five to seven year's experience managing EU programs in Africa;
- Masters degree in natural resource management, forestry, watershed management, soil and water engineering, agriculture, renewable energy or a social science or associated field with a minimum of five years practical international experience is ideal;
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English, and verbal communication skills in one or more local languages;
- Somali language skills a plus;
- Proven ability to work well with multi-level stakeholders; strong interpersonal skills; Experience in developing program work-plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, managing staff, and field and managing short-term technical assistance; Strong field experience in managing multiple programs, and staff, with an emphasis on remote staffing;
- Previous experience working in the Horn of Africa and/or knowledge of the region is preferred;
- Experience working in an insecure environment and security knowledge is essential;
- Familiarity with EU policies and procedures desired;
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and communication skills;
- A team player with visionary leadership
HOW TO APPLY
- This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team and be part of building resilience and economic growth in Africa, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 25th December 2012 Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer
- Date de publication : 19/11/2012 - Expiration :25/12/2012
Êtes-vous intéressé(e) par nos articles?
Partagez cet article sur Facebook ou Google+
Abonnez-vous à nos Pages Facebook
en cliquant simplement sur "J'aime"
Ajoutez à présent votre commentaire!!